Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sasslong Update

This is a followup to the first impressions review I did on Asolo's Sasslong hiking boots. You can find it here:http://musinginthedesert.blogspot.com/2013/07/gear-review-asolo-sasslong-hiking-boots.html



I really, really, really wanted to like these boots. However, I have paddle-like hind paws, and even in a wide size, they were crushing my little toe. Thus, I'll be going back to the L.L. Bean Cresta Hiker, because it seems to be the only high-quality hiking boot on God's holy green Earth that fits my feet. As to the abrasion problems, I don't know what I'll do. Perhaps shoe-goo another piece of leather to the toe when it wears through. L.L. Bean was kind enough to send me a new pair of Crestas, since the ones I had been using leaked.



So, if you're considering the Sasslongs and don't have freakishly wide feet like I do, give them a shot. They seem like high-quality boots. They just squish my 5th toe and 5th metatarsal, make things numb, and generally contribute to an unpleasant experience for me. If your feet run toward the narrow end, I'm sure they'd be great for you. I really can't speak to longevity, as I returned them after only a few hikes.

Finally, Sierra Trading Post has been very helpful. Kudos to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment